Lithium Batteries for Golf Carts
Lithium golf cart batteries offer many benefits for your golf cart vs. traditional deep-cycle Lead-Acid batteries. Lithium batteries fully charge in just a few hours, they are very light, they have a long life (10 years or more), and they require no maintenance!
In order for your electric golf cart to operate efficiently and safely, you need to have strong and healthy golf cart batteries! Traditional lead-acid golf cart batteries have a useful life of around 5 years. Lithium Ion Golf Cart Batteries can last for up to 15 years! So if you need new golf cart batteries, and want the best performance out of your golf cart? You have come to the right place!
48-Volt Lithium Batteries 36-Volt Lithium Batteries
What makes Lithium Ion Golf Cart Batteries so great?
- Fully Charge in 2-3 hours (vs. 8-10hrs for traditional Lead-Acid batteries)
- They live longer (3x - 5x longer) than traditional golf cart batteries
- They are light! (reduce battery weight of your cart by 300lbs = more efficient cart)
- Require No maintenance (no adding water, cleaning corrosion, or checking acid levels)
- Lithium-Ion batteries do not lose power as voltage dips (they don’t get ‘tired’ as they are used)
1. Lithium Golf Cart Batteries Charge Up Faster than Lead Acid
Lithium Golf Cart batteries charge faster than Lead-Acid batteries. For example, once a traditional golf cart has spent its energy and run out of charge, it takes roughly eight hours (on average) to recharge back to full power. Lithium batteries can be recharged up to 80% of max capacity in just one hour, and fully charged in only 3 hours.
2. Golf Cart Lithium Batteries Last 3x – 5x Longer than Traditional Golf Cart Batteries
Lithium batteries last longer, because the lithium battery chemistry increases the number of charge cycles the battery can handle. The average lithium ion golf cart battery can charge 3,000 to 5,000 cycles in its life vs. the average lead-acid battery charging just 1,000 total cycles.
3. Lithium Batteries for Golf Carts Substantially Reduce the Weight of Your Golf Cart
Golf cart lithium batteries (72 lbs.) weigh just 1/4 the weight of traditional Lead-Acid batteries (325 lbs.). So when you convert your golf cart to lithium, your cart will lose 300 lbs. in weight. This major weight reduction will make your cart faster, more “fuel” (battery) efficient, and increases your ride height a bit (from ½ inch to 1 inch). For 6 and 8-passenger 72-Volt carts, the weight reduction is over 400 lbs. (saving your business valuable charging time)!
4. Lithium Golf Cart Batteries Require NO Maintenance (Zero)
Batteries don’t require any maintenance. No more filling with water. No more corrosion. This is a HUGE selling point for those who use their golf cart commercially (hotels, concert venues, etc.). The switch to lithium means you no longer have to maintain your golf cart batteries. Just charge them, and go!
5. Lithium Batteries Don’t Lose Power as they Lose Charge
Traditional Lead-Acid golf cart batteries “get tired” while you are using them. As they heat up and lose charge during your drive, they also lose total power (meaning your cart goes slower, and has less torque the lower your battery charge level is).
Lithium batteries for golf carts work at full power all the way until they are fully discharged (just like your cell phone). This means that even if your cart has 10% battery left, it will still have full power, speed and torque all the way down to 0% charge.
Don't see the lithium golf cart batteries or brand you're looking for? Looking for other golf cart parts? No problem! We're here to help. Give us a call at 1-844-422-7884 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.